Saturday, June 4, 2011

So I did chase :)

It wasn't the most exciting chase of my life, by any means, but it was perfect for a lazy Saturday. It only took me a total of 1 hour from the time I got in the car until I was back. Got west of JOT, south of Plainfield, then followed it to south of Homer Glen (or something like that ..I was alone so I was doing a lot, lol.)

I got to the south end of the line that was forming and the southern end storm did have a nice rain-free-base for a bit. Some scud formed, and pulled into the base...all happening quickly. There was a tremendous amount of rain behind this whole complex so I had no visions of tornadoes, but the southern end did get this wall cloud feature..sorta a southern end of the shelf cloud that had some inflow characteristics. One of those hybrids we have seen many times. Again, I knew it would not last but for 5 or 10 minutes it was very very very cool to watch.

Only had my phone with me so took photos from that ..




Later I went east and south and tried to stay with it. I got into some nickel sized hail, maybe a few quarters thrown in, and decided to turn it around. I wasn't going to go crazy today. And I really didn't expect much. Also, as this line evolved, I knew it would speed up and the population was going to increase quite a bit directly in front of me. The chase needed to end.

Headed home. I was going to pick up Sonic but decided against it. I've had enough crappy food lately. lol

As gentleman's chases go, that was pretty cool :)

And with that, I can sit back and watch the Sox game and the NHL Stanley Cup Finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment